SAN MATEO, CA, Sept. 29, 2015 /PRNewswire/ — The National Association for Female Executives (NAFE) and WebDAM, a leader in digital asset management (DAM) and a Shutterstock company, announced today that WebDAM chief executive officer and co-founder Jody Vandergriff has been recognized as Outstanding Entrepreneur of the Year for 2015. As part of NAFE’s annual Women of Excellence awards, the Outstanding Entrepreneur award recognizes “a female entrepreneur who not only strives to build a great company, but also contributes to the success of other women entrepreneurs.”
“I am incredibly excited and honored to be named NAFE’s Outstanding Entrepreneur of the Year,” said Vandergriff. “NAFE is an amazing organization – they are paving the way for working mothers to fulfill their potential both at home and in their careers. Their work is furthering the evolution of the workplace into a smarter and more diverse environment.”
Vandergriff co-founded WebDAM in 2005. With only three percent of venture capital going to women, she and her co-founder bootstrapped the business and grew it to profitability at 100% year-over-year until its acquisition by Shutterstock in 2014.
Outside of running WebDAM, Vandergriff has made it a priority to create and remove barriers for women in technology and leadership. The direct impact of Vandergriff’s passion shows in her own company – which is 42% female, nearly twice the average in Silicon Valley.
Subha Barry, vice president, general manager of Working Mother Media said, “The NAFE Women of Excellence are a great illustration of the divergent paths to success. From finance to global diversity, the award recipients are exemplary for their leadership and achievement.”
Dr. Betty Spence, president of NAFE, said, “The impressive 2015 NAFE Women of Excellence awardees include individuals who are exceptional at their jobs and notable for ensuring the success of women and girls. These awards spotlight unsung heroes both for their achievements and for their commitment to gender equity.”
NAFE will celebrate this stellar assembly at the NAFE Women of Excellence Gala Breakfast December 11 at the Yale Club in New York City before an audience of senior corporate executives.
Here is a list of the 2015 NAFE Women of Excellence awardees:
- Woman of Achievement: Lynn Doughtie, Chief Executive Officer, KPMG
- Activist: Betty Thompson, Executive Vice President, Chief Personnel Officer, Booz Allen Hamilton
- Community Service: Shannon Schuyler, Principal, Corporate Responsibility Leader; & President, PwC Charitable Foundation, PwC
- Corporate Women’s Champion: Debra Palermino, Executive Vice President, Human Resources, MassMutual
- Global Women’s Champion: Jackie Glenn, Vice President, Global Chief Diversity Officer, EMC
- Digital Trailblazer: Kim Stevenson, Corporate Vice President, Chief Information Officer, Intel
- Gender Equity Leader: Kathryn Wengel, Vice President, Supply Chain, Johnson & Johnson
- Mentorship: Valerie Mauriello, Vice President, Risk Management, Prudential Financial
- Healthcare Champion: Candice Saunders, Chief Executive Officer & President, WellStar Health System
- NAFE Ace: Althea Ledford, Editor & CEO, E the Magazine for Today’s Female Executive; & Director, NAFE, L.A.
- Outstanding Entrepreneur: Jody Vandergriff, Chief Executive Officer & Co-Founder, WebDAM
- Rising Star: Sheetal Chawla, Principal, Life Sciences Practice Digital & Commercial Strategy, Capgemini
- STEM Influencer: Kim Smith, Director, Globalization & Company Level Digital Marketing, Texas Instruments
- WOMEX Legacy Award: Sharon Orlopp, Global Chief Diversity Officer (retired), Walmart
WebDAM, a Shutterstock company, is a leader in digital asset management, changing the way companies manage and share digital media. WebDAM provides marketing and creative teams with online tools for managing, sharing, searching, retrieving, and distributing creative collateral in the cloud. For more information, please visit WebDAM.com, and follow WebDAM on Twitter or Facebook.
Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors,illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of over 80,000 contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week, and currently has more than 60 million images and 3 million video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices in Amsterdam, Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, London, Los Angeles, Montreal, Paris, San Francisco and Silicon Valley, Shutterstock has customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency; Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; Rex Features, a premier source of editorial images for the world’s media; and WebDAM, a cloud-based digital asset management service for businesses. For more information, please visit www.shutterstock.com, and follow Shutterstock on Twitter or Facebook.
About Working Mother Media
Working Mother Media, a division of Bonnier Corporation (bonnier.com), publishes Working Mother magazine and its companion website, workingmother.com, and the Working Mother Research Institute. The National Association for Female Executives (nafe.com), Diversity Best Practices (diversitybestpractices.com) are also units within WMM. Working Mother Media’s mission is to serve as a champion of culture change. Working Mother magazine reaches more than 2 million readers and is the only national magazine for career-committed mothers; Workingmother.com gives working mothers @home and @work advice, solutions, and ideas. Please follow us on Facebook or on Twitter.
Melissa Kelly, Assoc. Marketing Manager — 415.329.5517, mkelly(at)webdam(dot)com